|Troy Davis, in death row since 1991|
|Participants in the Global Action day for Troy Davis in Atlanta, Georgia (US)|
- Acknowledge the seriousness of the crime for which Troy Davis was sentenced to death;
- Note that doubts persist in the case even after the federal evidentiary hearing in 2010;
- Point out that the Board acts as a fail-safe against irreversible error, and recall its statement in 2007 that it would not allow any execution to proceed where there was any doubt about the guilt of the prisoner;
- Point to the substantial evidence of the fallibility of the capital justice system;
- Call on the Board to grant clemency and to commute the death sentence of Troy Davis.
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-4909, USA
More on the issue
- 10 key facts on the death penalty AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL MEDIA BRIEFING 8 October 2010 AI Index: ACT 50/009/2010
- Judge Rejects Death Row Prisoner Troy Davis’s Innocence Claim - August 2010 video report by Democracy Now!
- Troy Anthony Davis Web page. Materials, resources and testimonials on the struggle to save Mr. Davis life.
- Death penalty case puts racism on trial in North Carolina
- BBC: US under fire for running 'little Gitmos' Published August 11
- Huelga de hambre en Pelican Bay. Violencia institucional vs. voluntad de resistencia Published July 11